Friday, March 25, 2011

Kidnapped for an early birthday celebration

Yesterday, before he left the store, Rick said he'd give me a ride to work today, but about 30mins earlier than normal. This morning, I got up and dressed for work, made coffee, and packed my sack-lunch for work. About the time Rick and I agreed upon, I opened our front door, so I'd hear him pull up his truck in the driveway.


INSTEAD... when I opened the door, I saw 3 of my friends running across my front yard with birthday balloons. Regina will be out of town on my real birthday, so she, Jenna and Codi decided to celebrate early. :)
Regina is the wife of my boss, so she rigged for me to have a PAID day off from working. 


We threw the balloons in the house and all piled into Regina's car (parked down the street, so I wouldn't see it). The girls drove out to Cedar Hill, TX, where there's a nice area of shops. They planned to buy me whatever caught my eye, snacks & lunch.  We had a LOT of fun looking around this one store called Charming Charlie's . We went back a second time before we left the shopping area.




Codi, wearing a 'Sex in the City' hat & daydreaming about her potential to be a 'Trophy Wife'.  

Regina, when they stopped for a hotdog snack at this cute place with Retro-style tables and chairs. She wore a rosey-print shirt and a sweater with pearly buttons since they were celebrating retro me. :)




Jenna

Treats the girls got for my very-merry un-birthday: Teal nailpolish, 2 bracelets (rose, bird) and a pocketbook with a matching checkbook-cover. 

We had lunch at a place called 'The Diner'. There were pictures on the wall of Al Sharpton & Pres. Obama eating there together.  I had a burger & onion rings. The girls had to be at work at 4pm, so around 2:30 we all headed back to Denton. 

No comments: