Tuesday, July 04, 2006

STRANDED

On Friday we went out to the Minimalls around Denton's square and had fun window shopping. I kept my impulse buys down to $10. I got 2 disney VHS's and an Eeyore doll. :) Our non-impulse buy was a large 5-drawer all-wooden dresser. It has a fresh coat of paint and is in good shape. Robert met us with his truck so we could get the dresser home.
We noticed the car was overheating and by the time we got home the car was super hot. So, we've been car-less since Friday afternoon. Jim and I traced down a leak in a hose on Saturday, but when Jim has found rides to AutoZone or O'Reilly's, no one knows the name of the part he needs. Jim didn't know how to take the part out, so he could take it with him.
Today Dave came over to take a look. (Jim's boss picked him up to work at Ranchman's). Dave got the part out of the car and took it to AutoZone, but the AutoZone people looked at it and said they don't sell that part at all. So we don't have the replacement part, and now that the busted part is missing from under the hood, we can't drive the car at all.
------In other news, MICAH'S BACK!! He's been gone to Florida on a Mission Trip for 10 days. We all missed him a bunch. When we saw Robert (Micah's Dad) the other day, Elaine ran to the window and asked when Micah was getting home. We let Elaine call Micah's cellphone a couple times while he was gone. It throws her off when she is use to seeing someone almost daily and then they are gone.
------/
I've been organizing the house, room-by-room. I cometed the bathrooms last week and thoroughly organized the drawers and bathroom cabinets. I picked up and vacuumed our bedroom and fixed the broken bookshelf. I cleaned the kids room, with clean linens and all the toys off the floor like 4 days ago (not that it's still clean NOW). I need to tackle my craft room. It's a mess. Too many projects going on at once.
------My brother and mom are coming here for Thanksgiving, for 4 days (including traveling days).

Jim got registered for Devry and he ordered his books online. Some of this classes start next week and then another class starts like a week later. Odd, but all of Devry's schedules have seemed odd to me from the get go.
I think that's all the news here. Happy 4th Ya'll!

No comments: