Wednesday, October 11, 2006

allergy-brained update

I know I have a bunch of little updates, but I'm struggling to remember them all. Bare with me.

Last night we handed Allan a fruit snack wrapper and said 'trash' (like we do with Elaine). He ran over and put the garbage in the trash can and got lots of accolades from us. He waited, wanting another wrapper to throw away. He just loves to copy his sister.
Today when I changed Allan's diaper, Elaine grabbed the wet diaper to toss it out. Allan chased her down, got the diaper from her and he threw it out in the trashcan. I guess if it's his trash, he gets to throw it out.

+This week Allan has said: Wait, Nose, Eye, "a ball", apple, Hi, bath and Clap.

Elaine discovered her lincoln logs. She makes houses with no doorways - All windows. Elaine got her new bunkbed from Phyllis & Dale (people from church). She likes the top bunk. She pointed out that "Baby can't reach my pillows and book up here. He's not strong like me." The bunkbed has a full mattress on bottom and a twin on top. I assumed the kids would share the bottom for a while, but Elaine keeps flip flopping between the top and bottom bunks.
I thought I had fullsized sheets somewhere, but I haven't found them yet. I had a fullsized bed in my apartment as a single gal, so there should be some in a box somewhere. So far I've only found Full top sheets. Right now there is a queen size sheet on the bunkbed, with the slack tucked in against the wall.
With the bunk bed assembled, we decided to get rid of Allan's race car bed. We're keeping the twin bed (my old bed from Houston) until after the holidays. We are likely to have Micah around and my family is coming to Denton for 3 days, so extra beds might proove useful. We'll see how it all plays out.
I played with the video camera my grandma Polly sent me a while back. I can take photos directly onto the memory stick. But for video I have to record it to a small video cassette, then transfer it over to the memory stick. So it's gonna be a little more work than I hoped to get all yall videos on disks of the kids playing. I'll try to figure it all out soon.
My allergies have been keeping me up late. It sucks. I got some Tylenol allergy medicine, but it doesn't seem to stop my allergies... it just makes me super dopey. I wait to take it before bed, and my nose still runs all night.
I've gotten A's or high B's on all my Spanish quizzes until this week... Then crash & burn. I'm blameing fatigue. I got a 100 on my movie review for Anthropology. Yesterday I got back my History paper about 'the Decameron'. I earned an A. This is the class where I earned a 75% on the first test. It feels like all my classes are averaging themselves out to B's. The classes where I started out slow, I'm doing a little better in. And the classes where I started out strong are at a low point. I can live with B's. :) I have another Child Development test this coming Thursday. Midterms for all my classes are in the next two weeks.
This coming Sunday the church's silent auction is ending. I have two portraits ala Liss in the auction. This is the biggest fundraiser for the Youth all year! I hope more bids come rolling in before the auction ends. The following Sunday Jimmy and I are chaperoning a church field trip to 'Hell House' for the teens. It's like a play showing what happens to sinners when they die, but it's presented a lot like a haunted house. It's gonna be very very very graphic and cool.

Speaking of plays, UNT's play opens this weekend and runs through next weekend. I want to go to the matinee next weekend. I hate being out of the loop from missing one of the plays UNT has done. When I'm more involved in the department next semester and people talk about THIS semester in meetings, I don't want to be lost. It's only $7.50 to go and I'd be going alone, so it's pretty affordable.

No comments: