Friday, May 30, 2008

Quick update

Elaine and I have a case of frizzy hair. It's been super humid.

Elaine had her first loose tooth. It took a week to fall out after she noticed the wiggle. The tooth fairy left her 5 quarters.
I was off from work on Memorial day, so we went to Garland to visit with Margo and then the Beuhler's. Margo is having surgery on the 17th, so pray for her hip replacement. Fumie has some extra ailments right now, so keep her in your prayers. Margo gave Elaine a dollar to add to her toothfairy money. Lainey picked out a make-your-own jewelry set from the dollar store and some tinkerbell hair bows.

The store had me paint up a sign for the new in-mall location. The mall bosses approved (and liked!) the sign I painted and let Rick stick it in the window of the new location. This was my design:Later, after the new store opens, they are gonna cut off the part of the sign that says "Coming soon" and keep the rest for whenever they are hiring more people again (like near Halloween).

My bosses were out of town on Wednesday, so I ran the store and opened up Thursday morning. They let me off of work a few hours early so I could run errands at UNT. I jumped through all the hoops (paperwork!) to apply for graduation. So the wheels are in motion.
I feel really awkward because my aunt and grandmother have already sent me graduation cards. It is super sweet that they are thinking of me and proud of me. I just hope that they understand the ceremony wont be until August. I need to steal some time and write each of them a letter.

My boss lady is taking me out to see the 'Sex in the City' movie tomorrow after work. We are gonna dress like some of the characters, if it's a slow day at work and we have time to put on costumes. If we dress up, I'll take pictures.

No comments: