Thursday, August 07, 2008

pre-graduation update

Last week Jim paid off one of his debts for about 1/4 of the full amount. :)

They let me off from work an hour early last night, so I could buy an outfit to wear to graduation. Sears was having a 75% off sale, so I walked across the mall from work. I bought a skirt. Then at Target I bought a top to match it. I still need to get some dressy shoes before Saturday. Charlotte loaned me her hot rollers to use on my hair for Saturday.

Janith brought me the cap & gown today at work. I'm going to the store early tomorrow so I can use the store's steamer on the gown.

I think I want to eat at Babe's after graduation, since the whole family (including the kids!!) like it there. I don't think the wait for a table should be too horrible. There will be less graduates out celebrating in August, since this isn't a like the May-graduation weekend. There are 1800-something UNT graduates this August.

I've kept up with writing thank you cards for each graduation card/present I have received thus far. Mental note: I'm gonna need to buy more stamps some time this weekend though.

Tomorrow I get off from work 4 hours early tomorrow (Friday) night.

Elaine lost her second tooth today. Jim called me at work to let me know. She's very proud.

No comments: