Saturday, August 02, 2008

Working...

For the last week we have been packing and grabbing loads of costumes and dance wear from the old store location, and moving it all into the mall. Tuesday and Wednesday night I worked until around 1 or 2 am. Thursday night we all (meaning all the employees and owners) worked at the store to get it presentable. Some left around 3am, but most of us did not go home until 5am on Friday morning! Some of us were there to help open the new store 5 hours later. Regina said that I could do whatever I "needed", meaning that if I needed to sleep in that morning, I could, since I had worked so diligently Thursday night. That morning, I woke up out of habit, so I went ahead to work for the first day in the new location.
Friday Rick and Regina surprised me. They called Jim and had him pick me up from work at 6pm (the mall is open until 9pm). They need four people each night to run the store. Regina insisted "If anyone gets to go home early, it's Liss!" :-) Then tonight, they let me off early again.
It would be stretching to call the new store "done", but it is open to customers. I need to take pictures of all the work I've done. Some of yall will get to see it when you're in town for my graduation.
Speaking of which: My co-worker, Janneth, graduated from UNT in May. She is loaning me her cap and gown for the graduation. She fetched it from her parent's house in Dallas and put it in the back of her boyfriend's car. Two days ago, her boyfriend was in a car wreck. He's okay. The cap and gown is in the trunk at the mechanic. Janneth is gonna fetch it for me.
That reminds me, I need to get Jim to fetch me a tassle from the UNT bookstore this week.
This coming week, I'm starting all my days at the old store location to complete the packing job and to clean the store. Then around Noon, Rick is going to drive me (and whatever I have packed) over to the new store, to work the rest of my shift.

I talked to Rick some about having time off next weekend. My schedule will be solidified later in the week, but it sounds like I'll either have Friday off from work or work only in the morning. I'll be off on Saturday, of course. And we didn't talk about Sunday yet.

No comments: