Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Update

Elaine is getting over being sick again. She missed school Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday was a field trip too! She's super disappointed. She barely ate dinner Sunday night, then she threw up. So I put her to bed early. I realized after a while that she had soiled herself in her sleep, so i woke her for a shower. She slept in a diaper. The next morning she still could not control her bladder. She had another shower before I went to work. She threw up again that night and this morning. She had a mild fever off and on. Jim said she seemed a little better today after I went to work, but said she had little appetite. I hope she's ready for school tomorrow.

My bosses are back from their trip *YAY* They brought presents for my whole family; a shirt for Jimmy, Elaine and Allan, necklace for Elaine and 3 faux pearl necklaces for me. They are beautiful! I'm so glad to have Rick and Regina back in town. The week was going smoothly at work. Lots of projects were making progress. But Sunday was horrible. Customers yelled at me, called me a B*tch (one time in front of my kids), my coworker was yelled at too and there was a drunk lady in the store who made us stay open late. Tomorrow I have my first day off in a while ...and guess what?!? This coming weekend, I don't work at all! That hasn't happened since I went to Florida for Christmas over a year ago. I asked off work for my birthday Saturday and the next day the mall is closed for Easter.

Tonight I got a call from my mom while I was at work. She asked if she could visit this weekend. It's actually great timing, because normally I would have to work during most of her visit. I checked with Jimmy, then called Berta back and said that it's fine by us.
She'll arrive Friday morning right after Jim takes Elaine to school. I have to work from 1-9 on Friday, but Berta can hang with Allan and Jimmy, and then Elaine at 3pm. She'll be with us until around 6 on Sunday.

p/s My injured finger seems to be doing better. The fingernail still looks gross, but the blue color is gone from the rest of the finger. Only the fingernail is sensitive now.

No comments: