Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Kindergarten Graduation

Jim, Allan and I went to Elaine's Kindergarten Graduation this morning. She and all the Kindergarten classes sang 3 songs and then received rolled up paper "diplomas" on stage. I got a video of them singing. This was my favorite video. Elaine was doing American Sign Language along with the words of the song. It looked like just her and a little girl wearing blue, near her, were doing the signs. It was adorable!
Back in her classroom, all the students were given awards that were like superlatives. Elaine got one for being an amazing Author (she says, "Arther"). Whenever the class is asked to write a sentence, Elaine writes entire stories.





getting her Author award.

With presents from her teacher, books to read over the summer and a journal to write in.
We left Elaine at school and I spent the day with Allan. I scrapbooked, while he worked on making Elaine a card.
It's funny, how it looks at lot like what I was scrapbooking. He had me cut him out some birds to glue to the card.

Then Jim and Allan made pizza dough, so it could rise while Elaine was still at school. Jim and Elaine had personal pizzas for dinner tonight.


When she got out of school, I had a couple decorations up, and we had her re-do her song from the graduation ceremony. This way we have a video with less distractions.





No comments: