Saturday, August 01, 2009

Working extra hard

One of my co-workers never showed up to work today. She didn't call or anything. I hope she's okay. About 10 days ago, she was 3 hours late for work but finally showed up. That time, she got her days of the week mixed up and thought it was her day off. No call/No show= self terminating.
I told Rick that I don't mind some extra hours this week, so I'm working the missing co-worker's shift tomorrow (Sunday). I still hope we hear from her. It's weird that none of us have.
Another co-worker has been gone all summer in Texarkana (sp?). She returns next week. We also have a brand new girl beginning that same week. So, the store will be fine.

Regina told me that at the beginning of October, I'm getting another raise.

One of Jimmy's best friends, who is kinda the quiet-type, just told us this last weekend that he's divorced now. So we're praying for him and his kids (some of yall might remember the kids. We babysat them around the time of Pawpaw's funeral), and praying for his now-ex wife. May God lead them all to what He has planned for them.

No comments: