Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Elaine's 7th Birthday

For Elaine's birthday, she was going to inherit all my childhood Barbie furniture. I wanted her to have a dollhouse for the furniture, but couldn't find a Barbie-sized dollhouse at a reasonable price. Instead, we opted to purchase a cabinet from Walmart with shelves spaced wide enough apart to accommodate Barbies. I put the shelf together, but didn't let on to Elaine what it was intended for.


On Her Birthday-
She wanted Tacos for her dinner.


While we finished up making dinner, Elaine played with this weaving kit she got for her birthday from her Girl Scout troop. They also gave her a Girl Scout doll and some other treats.



Strawberry Cake with chocolate icing.



Some of her presents.


"Hey Elaine, maybe your present is hiding in this cabinet."
p.s. We LOVE that we can put our old baby-proof locks on the cabinet doors to keep Allan out.

*slow-motion pic of balloons attacking Elaine*

Elaine: "I should go put these in my room, where they'll be safe."
Allan: "You mean in OUR room."




I covered the walls with scrapbook paper and used granite shelf paper on the kitchen and bathroom floors.
She was investigating how all the drawers open and close.
*Giving Allan a short guided tour*


Sofa I made from cardboard and felt. I hand-stitched all the edges.

No comments: