Saturday, July 31, 2010

quick update

On Sunday, after church, I helped my friend Susan paint her daughter's bedroom purple and light green. We had fun painting and chatting. She's the lady who hosts our biweekly Bible Study. She's gonna babysit the kids whenever we are moving. She said they can sleep over or whatever is most convenient. Susan's youngest is one of Elaine's bestfriends.

On Monday, Jimmy noticed a pretty heavy duty coolant smell coming from our Van. When we looked, the coolant was pretty much flowing out of the van. Robert drove me to and from work on Wednesday, since the guys hadn't been able to locate the van's problem yet. They REALLY thought it was the water pump. (But my mom was right!) Steven drove up from Garland, TX and helped Robert and Jimmy fix the coolant leak. It turned out, it was just a leaking hose that was stuffed way back in a hard to reach location. It took 2 hours to get the broken hose out of the Van, and only about 10 minutes to replace the hose. :))  I made the guys all dinner to thank them for lending a hand. It only ended up being an $8 repair. Praise God.
--------------------------------------
Last night, I got a phonecall from the girls at work, freaking out. They thought Emily had accepted a fake $100 bill from a customer. They said that they money didn't have the magnetic strip thing and the font looked like a $20 bill, nothing like a normal $100. ("normal" $100 example below)

I told them to check with mall security or someone else who could tell them for sure, since I was talking to them over the phone and couldn't see for myself. 
Turns out, none of my coworkers are old enough to have seen a $100 bill from 1983, way before magnetic strips and the EXTRA large Benjamin Franklin head. The money Emily accepted looked something like this example below. This style is familiar to me, up until I was in like high school.
We all laughed really hard at them, including our neighbors inside the mall, the Zales jewelers. The Zales sales associate was who broke the news to my coworkers that money from 1983, is in fact legal tender.
-------------------------------
Rick and Regina are spending time with their grandson for 2 weeks. Last night we got a call from my coworker Jenna, at 11:30pm. She's house-sitting for Rick & Regina way out in the country. A snake was stuck to a sticky mouse trap in Regina's kitchen!! Jenna and her mom were flipping out! Jimmy and Robert rode out (it's just 10 minutes away) to save Jenna and her mom from a little 18" rat snake. Robert stepped on the snake and tossed it outside. Jenna could chill out. At work today, Jenna said she was scared that the snake would work it's way off of the mouse trap and climb up in the bed with her.

...Jimmy threw a rubber snake at her today.

No comments: