Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lots of "new" going on for us. All good things... just LOTS of new.

1) First but not most important: Today I was training two more new girls at the store. There are officially more married employees than single girls.  We've taken the majority.

2) We have a new plan about where to move. Jimmy and I took all of last Monday, riding around visiting different trailer parks and apartments. We have it narrowed down to one apartment complex that we'd like to live in, if the govt. housing doesn't kick in before we have to move in October. The apartments are very nice, a mile from my work and less than a mile from the freeway (how Jimmy gets to his new job).

3) Jimmy began his NEW JOB today! He likes it. When he got to work, the company told him to gas up on the company credit card. They also plan to set him up with a cellphone and a new Toll Tag. He drove from Carrolton to Garland, TX twice today, while working, delivering packages of different sizes. He was pretty hot & sweaty, but likes the job and all the perks. He also learned he's gonna have a long weekend off from work for Labor Day. :)

4) Allan started school for the FIRST TIME ever! He's super excited. We took him to Target and let him pick out a backpack... Star Wars, of course. When we asked Allan what he learned on his first day of school, he replied "To sit still and be quiet."  So, evidently his teacher is a miracle worker, if she really got Allan to sit still.
I walked the kids to school (since Jimmy leaves for work at 6:30 am) and met his teacher, Mrs.Fagan, who it turns out is one of my customers from the store. Mrs.Fagan saw me working tonight in the mall and came over to tell me that Allan had a great first day and that she could tell sitting still was taking a lot of self-control from him.


Allan was very proud of his new Star Wars backpack. I packed him a sandwich lunch today, because I wasn't sure if his Free-lunch application had been processed. I checked at the school, he's all set for Free lunch and breakfast for the rest of the school year. Elaine's still on the program as well.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so happy everyone had a great first day. I is nice to be able to check-in on your family w/o calling (especially since it's 3:50am).