Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Elaine's keyboard: Day One Aug16th

A babysitter gave Elaine this keyboard like 3 years ago and we never opened it up. Whenever we thought about it, it either seemed like a large noise-creator, brother-instigator, or bedroom clutter-creator. Anyways, we opened it up for Elaine last Tuesday, August 16th.

I was home from work, so I printed sheet music for 5 or so songs of off the internet. I told her what little I remember about how to read sheet music (from being in 4th grade choir) and I used my label-maker to label the keys on her keyboard. 

She spent some time writing in the piano keys on the sheet music.


She practiced for a while. She wanted to play the songs without using the sheet music, because she thought using sheet music is "Cheating". I told her it isn't, but she still would rather play without the sheet music.


This is a video of her playing the first day...


The next day, by the time I was home from work, Elaine could play 'Ode to Joy' with her eyes closed.

No comments: