Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter, Tuscany, Spinal Tap and scrapbooking

This last friday Jeannie and I got together and prepared for the youth's Easter service. We transfered these paint-by-number guides up onto large canvases using my new projector. So on Easter when the youth were done painting on the two canvases, we stuck the canvases together... revealing an image of Christ. The teens gasped. It was cool. I like helping with the creative endevors for the youth group. (that reminds me, I need to start the next newsletter because it's already the 18th).
Randal has a church trip to go on, so my only class is cancelled tomorrow. I called up the people who want a mural of Tuscany. We are meeting tomorrow night (Jim's night off) so I can give them an estimate. We're also gonna look over my research and make sure we are all on the same page. I hope to get it designed ASAP and painted during finals week. (I only have finals on the first day of finals week, so I'm out of school for summer 4 days early).
Micah has been hanging with us a lot the last couple days. We just finished watching 'Spinal Tap'. I wasn't impressed. But it made me want to watch the episode of the simpsons where Spinal Tap gueststarred. I think one of the Spinal Tap guys, Harry Shearer, is a voice artist for the Simpsons. He looks familiar from 'Inside the Actor's Studio'.
I've been getting some good scrapbooking done. Yay. Jimmy got me a stapler, so I was able to staple ribbon to that layout I talked about before (the picture is like 6 posts ago). Jim and I made a deal like 8 months ago. The deal is that he'd pay for me to get photos developed as long as I scrapbooked all of them before asking for more photo developing. I'm down to one package of photos to go. The deal is kinda forcing me to scrapbook about my surgery, my Dad's visit around that time, the kids milestones that I missed.... overall, not fun. I don't like to focus on it too much, but I think it needs to be addressed in the family scrapbook. on the bright side: looking at older pics of me, from last June and July, makes me feels good about keeping my weight off that was lost in the hospital. I've maintained. People from church say I'm loosing weight, but the fancy scale Jimmy got me months back disagrees. Maybe the weight is partially muscle, after 'Scapino'? I dunno.

No comments: