Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tuscany Mural -day one


How far I got today on the Tuscany Mural today for Tim. I worked from 9:45 am til 7:45pm, with a lunch break in there around noon. It still needs a cobblestone-looking border around the edge and some other detail work (see other pictures).
I'm going back to finish it a week from today. The same people, Tim & Dianne, for sure want me to paint a second mural on the wall their toilet faces. Needless to say, it will be a smaller mural, so I might try to do it on Tuesday when I finish up the big mural. The two murals will tie in together. Tim's house is very influenced by Italy. He likes a lot of my suggestions. I MIGHT get to do a third mural for them in the dining room. That one wouldn't take long...just a fake window. The pay is good and I enjoy the work.
Tim asked if he can give out my contact info to his friends, for more mural work. They all live in the new homes where everything is beige. With this in mind, Jim took me by Walmart late tonight and we got the paper to make myself some business cards. (Ya gotta spend money to make money). With summer beginning soon, this seems like great timing. Jim says that my income will help cover the new higher gas prices. He's being very supportive.
----
Jim was asked to work double-shifts tomorrow and Thursday (lots of overtime $). It'd be a hassle to get me to and from class. So I'm gonna be home for the next two days. I'm gonna call friends and get them to take good notes from class. Finals are coming up.
While I'm home, I'm gonna finish up the newsletter for the church (due tomorrow), make my business cards and finish my drafting project for stage craft. Posted by Picasa

No comments: