Sunday, April 30, 2006

Elaine's Creative Mind

examples:
She calls a peanut butter sandwich, "Peanut butter bread". And if we call it a sandwich she gets mad! She only wants us to describe it by the ingrediants. She does the same thing with "Spagetti and Red" and also with "Cheerios and Milk"... Lord help you if you offer her 'cereal'!!! "NO! I want Cheerios and Milk!"

She saw me painting something for the church and asked if I was "working". I said no, that I was just painting. She corrected me that she had to be quiet because I was working.... *blush* I guess she HAS heard me refer to painting as working, when I try to quiet her down. I told her that the activity is called Painting. About a minute later, after she watched me for that long, Elaine said, "Mommy go away white". Then she said, "Mommy no like white. Mommy make white paint." So she gets the idea (that I am covering a white canvas with paint) but instead of saying I am painting, she'll still just conside that I am getting rid of white.

I can ask her if it's night time and she's say no. But if she sees that it's dark out the window, she'll say that it's "good night"

Just silly Elaine moments:
Late the other night Jim, Elaine and I were in the driveway. She said "it's dark in here." Jim corrected that it was dark outside and my stubborn angel said, "NO, it's dark IN here." She was quiet as we got in the car and started down the road. Jim and I were talking and I realized she was trying to get my attention from the backseat. I turned and Elaine said, "Elaine help you see dark!!" and she clicked her heels together...making her Disney Princess shoes light up. Jim asked 'What?' and Elaine repeated that she'd help us see in the dark, clicking her heels again. Silly girl.

Elaine wanted to play with her watercolor set. So I set her up with her paints, some water and paper at her table. She kept repeating, "I make water". She was painting with green, so Jim and I both asked her if she wanted to paint her water with the Azule (blue) instead. She insisted that she has to make "Water green"... then I realized Elaine wasn't trying to paint a picture of water on the paper with the color green. She was trying to make the actual water in her paint brush cup green by cleaning her brush in the water after every other brush stroke. She really wanted to make "water green".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liss: I had to laugh at this because it brought back memories of Jimmy at that age. I am so glad that you are allowing Elaine to use her imagination and being creative for most parents don't allow that and it affects them later on. It is wonderful. By the way, I more people comment on the portrait of Elaine and Allan - I am so proud of that picture.