Saturday, December 08, 2007

August 9th ...

is when I have my graduation ceremony at UNT!

I met with my academic adviser, Ana, on Thursday between going to my different review sessions. Ana looked at my records and said that I am on track to graduate at the end of next Summer.
This Spring I have to take:
+ Theatre Senior Seminar, at UNT
+ any online class, at UNT (just to get my financial aide)
+ Spanish 4, online at Midland College
+ Statistics, in-person at NCTC (college 10 minutes from my house)

At the end of spring, I have to apply for graduation. I don't have to take any classes this summer at all!! That's when UNT reviews all my transfer transcripts. They'll have all summer to check out my transcripts and then my graduation ceremony will be in August.
[I got lucky that some stupid rule has been erased at UNT. It use to be true that someone's last two semesters of college had to be entirely at UNT to graduate at UNT. Ana said that they nixed that rule and that I have well-established residency at UNT.]
--------------------*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---------------------
UPDATE ABOUT THE VAN: The mechanics said that 3 sensors went off when they ran their diagnostic tests. They replaced the spark plugs and cleaned up some gunk, and that fixed it. But it was fixed late Thursday afternoon...
In the meanwhile, I had to ride my bike to school. I took me about the same amount of time as it did in early October, but this time I picked a better route. I wasn't as tired or frazzled, since I was able to avoid lots of traffic mess. After my review sessions, I rode the bike up the road to work. That only took 30 minutes. (Maybe that's good to know for the future?) By the time I got out of work at 6pm, Jimmy was able to fetch me and the bike with the van.
--------------------*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---------------------
All my final exams are Tuesday.
My laptop's internet has been acting flaky. Jimmy is working on it. I need to download the "Spanish keyboard" onto my desktop computer, so I can take my Spanish final exam on that one.

No comments: