Tuesday, July 22, 2008

So much for Locks of Love :(


When I decided to grow my hair out for Locks of Love, Elaine wanted to do the same. If you asked her about it, she'd say she was "growing hair for people who can't grow hair". The minimum usable donation is 10 inches. She has seemed super excited about it. Her hair grows about an inch per month (same as mine), so I estimated that she'd have enough hair in late October to make the minimum donation length for Locks of Love and still have a cute haircut. So we planned to go cut both our hair around 'Happy Hallelujah' (October 31st).
When I got in from work tonight around 11pm, I saw there was long hair on the floor in the hallway!! Not my color at all, and too long to be one of the boys. I went and woke up Elaine; she had cut large chunks of her hair off at chin-length!!!
I sat her in a stool and evened her hair out. She said she is sad that her hair is too small for the people who don't grow hair, but "It will grow bigger later".
This is when I started to even out where she cut the large chunks.
You can really see the difference in length! :(
She gave a few explanations:
1. Maybe Allan did it?
2. I was too hot.
3. It's almost like Larissa's (a friend from church and VBS who has a bob hairstyle).
4. It isn't smaller. Not much.


In other news: Concerned about my lack of recent contact with the registrar at UNT, I emailed my academic adviser, Ana, last night. I was supposed to hear from the registrar by this last week. She wrote back:

"Good Morning!

Summer just goes by really quickly and the Registrar’s Office collects all of the graduation applications for the university, which means processing time on that end can take much longer than it did on mine. You will graduate in August.

Get those invites in the mail!

Ana"

No comments: