Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Preparations and Sick Kids (again)

Pics from last weekend.






---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elaine threw up before school on Tuesday, but didn't tell us until after school. She threw up more that night and the next day. She's been running a fever too. We kept her home from school Wednesday and Today. Today she's dry heaving. She's camped out on the sofa with a trash can nearby. Allan has had a fever, but no other symptoms.

We skipped Bible Study last night, since the hostess has 6 to 8 kids in her house at any given time. We don't know if Elaine is contagious. I'm taking Vitamin C, so I don't catch this. My schedule at work has been really weird this week. Yvette's sister is graduating and she has other things going on, so I've been covering more of the night shift than normal. I don't go to work today until 4pm.

The company Christmas party is this Sunday, after work. It's a formal. Regina and some of the other girls at work have dresses that they complain they never get to wear, so they decided to have a formal party for the Christmas party. I've seen the other girls' dresses. They look like Prom dresses, very formal... not just like formal for church. All the men will wear suits to the dinner.
I have this one dress that I want to wear. It's Ivory-colored, and very 1920's. It's from a formal I went to in high school. But it has some stains on it that I am trying to get rid of. Most of the original stains are gone, but something black smeared on the dress. I'm considering dying the whole dress black. It's my best fitting formal outfit, so I'd like to try to salvage the dress. My other alternative is this periwinkle long formal dress (very homecoming-looking) that fits a little snug. I looked for fabric dye at Walmart last night, but they were out of black.

As part of the party festivities, all of the coworkers drew each others names for a gift exchange. I'm glad that I snagged Yvette. She scrapbooks. The rule of the exchange was that we could not spend over $5. I put together a scrapbooking kit for her.

I'm praying that Elaine feels better today. If she misses a third day from school, we have to get a doctor's note for the school (Or take her to see the school nurse in the morning and let the nurse tell us to take her back home). Also, we have a friend from church all set to babysit the kids on Sunday for the formal party. We can't have Elaine at a babysitter's house, if she's still sick at all. :( The party is super important to Regina (my friend/boss), so I hope it all works out.

I almost forgot to tell yall. I re-dyed my hair, to cover up the silver hairs. I bought a bunch of hair colors on sale at Krogers a few months ago ($2 per box, regularly $8). The color I used this time is called "Darkest Brown", which I think sounds a lot like my natural color. It turned out looking black.
Jim wanted me to dye his hair too. He said he had his hair dyed blonde once before we met. I agreed to dye his hair *IF* he'd shave off his beard. So he shaved off his beard and Jim's hair is a dark maroon now. When he gets tired of it, we'll buzz his hair short.

No comments: