Wednesday, December 03, 2008

update

Hey yall... I haven't updated anyone lately so here goes.
I worked for 4 days at work painting the store's windows with Christmas decor. Of course, I had to stop and start painting all day to cashier as needed or write up a rental. But the windows look good. One of the windows, which I think are about 12 or 15 feet wide, has green garland painted around it. In the garland, I painted in pointe shoes, ballroom dance shoes, a makeup kit (wrapped like a present), teddy bears wearing bikeatards and tutus, a ballerina and a nutcracker. This window says "Merry Christmas" in red writing, with just the word "Christ" outlined in white.

The other window, of the same size shows the Nativity, a chorus of angels, shepherds in the fields, and off in the distance there are the 3 wise men beginning their journey. In the center of this window, I painted the words to Luke 2:11. But after three days, the mall said we were breaking some rule and that they wouldn't complain if it said "The Reason for the Season" instead of the scripture. So I had to change it. With there being the whole nativity scene and the Reason for the Season, I think the average person will still get what we are trying to say.

Rick thinks someone must have complained to the mall management for them to come and have me change the window. I had a passerby rant at me for not painting "Jesus is the Reason for the Season" while I was painting. So it sounds like there are opinions on both sides of the fence. I'll try to take some pictures of the window tomorrow at work.
----------------------------------------------

Elaine had picture re-take day today at school. Her teacher didn't see the order form in Elaine's backpack on her original picture day, so a photo was never taken of her months ago. I trimmed her bangs and she wore pink for her picture today.
I'm kinda annoyed about the whole photo thing. On the original picture day, she wore a home-made dress to school for the photo and a classmate CUT Elaine's dress with scissors!! (The kid had to write Elaine an appology note and lost his scissor privaledges). I haven't had time to repair her dress yet from that. Anyways, I'll let the usual folks know when we get the photos in.
---------------------------------------------
Jimmy's birthday is tomorrow. I was off from work today (Wednesday) and I'm off this Friday too. But not tomorrow. So I'll probably cook a nice dinner or something to celebrate his birthday a day late.

Today Jim took me to Mardel to get myself a new Bible. I've been using the same Bible since I was like 11 or 12 (I remember my mom bought it at the Second Baptist bookstore). It's pretty torn up, from surviving my teen years. I use to carry it around and read it in study hall. I like my new Bible. :)

Elaine's birthday is coming up too. I got her some more educational books from the dollar store. I also found her a Veggie Tale DVD, "Gideon the Tuba warrior", for only $5, on sale at Mardel. I need to wrap them before she finds them.

No comments: