Monday, November 24, 2008

The kids met Santa today

When Jim and Allan dropped me off at the mall this morning, they walked me in. Around the corner from the store, Santa and his helpers are set up in front of a wintery backdrop. There wasn't a line of kids, since it was a) the middle of the day and b) not even Thanksgiving yet.
I'm told that Allan ran up to Santa, hugged him, received a book and was ready to walk away. He wasn't scared, in awe or really even phased at all. He just saw the man in red and went in for the hug.

Tonight when the family picked me up from work, we walked Elaine over to meet Santa. She went over and told Santa that she wants "more barbies, hair things and more blankets." Santa gave her a book. I asked Elaine why she told Santa that she needs blankets. She has 4-6 kid-sized blankets that are only hers and recently, she's been borrowing one of my big comforters... so it's not like she's cold or anything. She just said that blankets would be a good gift.
She has lots of Barbies that I keep stored away, because they end up all over the floor. Only a handful of them are in her toy box. I think for Christmas I'm gonna TRY to find her one of those over-the-door Barbie storage things (they look like shoe racks) to keep her dolls off the floor and safe from her brother. That way, if Santa does get her even more Barbies, we wont end up walking on them, and the dolls she already has will be safe(r).

Elaine said the other day that Allan wants "A truck toy, Kung Fu Panda, more transformers and a hellicopter." When she told me that, I asked her, "Can Allan even SAY hellicopter?".
Elaine looked at Allan and said, "Say hellicopter."
Allan said, "hellicopper."
Elaine grinned at me, "See! He said he wants a hellicopter!!"

No comments: