Thursday, November 06, 2008

Overwhelmed with things to do

Elaine woke me this morning, when I heard her vomiting in my bathroom at 6am. She crawled in bed with me and soon after my blanket needed to be laundered. Then Jim's blanket. We tried to get her to drink water (to get the taste out of her mouth). But she almost instantly through it up. She feels warm to the touch, not just her forehead. So we kept her home from school. Jim's been taking care of her all day, since I had to work at noon. He had my boss, Regina, drop off some Gatorade and children's Tylenol at my house, so he would not have to take Elaine to the grocery store. Janneth drove me home from work, so again, Elaine could stay home. **Man, I need to get on the ball about learning to drive!** Elaine still has a low-fever. Jim said she has been asleep most of the day. I don't know if she'll go to school tomorrow.

I'm off of work on Friday... yes, a full day off.

Jim just told me that he got a call from our landlords today. These are the people who own the trailer, not the land. They recieved a letter from the trailer park management with a laundry list of new repairs that have to be done on this trailer in the next 6months. Our landlords asked Jim today how much longer we want to live in the trailer. He got the impression that they may move the trailor or let the bank foreclose on it. They told Jim today that they don't intend to do ANY of the repairs. Jim is gonna go pay rent tomorrow and talk to them about what they plan is. If we need to move out in the next 5 months, it'd be good to know.

I got a 50cent per hour raise at work.

Rick made me a copy of the Mall's mandatory "Holiday hours", so I can let him know of any time-conflicts. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving, the mall is still open until 6pm. On 'black Friday', all the stores in the mall have to open at 7am!! I'm supposed to let Rick know of any time conflicts as soon as I hear about them.
I already told Rick that I want off on Elaine's birthday in December. He said that if I want them, I can get LOTS of hours this November and December.

He's also looking to hire a new assistant store manager with dance background. At any time, the store needs someone who can cashier and someone who can fit dance shoes. Both Yvette and I can do both, when neccesary, so we get the most hours at the store. We all want another person who can run the cash register and fit dance shoes correctly. That way Yvette, myself and the Cheathams aren't working crazy hours this holiday season. We could trade off more.


No comments: