Sunday, May 17, 2009

Scrapbooking with the Cricut

I bought myself a Cricut Create machine. I've wanted to get one of the Cricut machines for a while. It sells elsewhere for $399.99 and I bought it at Walmart for $184! Halfprice! :) The machine cuts out letters and shapes from scrapbooking paper. I can cut them in different sizes and fonts. I love it. I wont need to buy alphabet stickers for my scrapbooks because I can just cut out the words I want. It also does some shapes.
Here are some scrapbook layouts I've done so far with the Cricut.

1) I cut out the letter 'L' from the title and the negative space that says "ouch ouch"


2) I cut out "special" , "DELIVERY" and "Allan" all with the one font cartridge I have. The machine has different settings, so I can stretch and change the fonts to make them look different.

3) I cut out the entire title, the red tag, and the 2 daisies.


4) I cut out the Stars with the cricut.


5) I cut out the title, "Month in Costume" with the cricut.


These are just two other scrapbook layouts I did before getting the Cricut. I used sticker letters for the titles and phrases.


*Does anyone know WHEN these pictures of Elaine and Allan were taken? From her hair length, I think it's Fall of 2007 , when I first worked at the store. They are cooking on the Animal-face pancake skillet from Hope (or maybe the Christmas-characters skillet??).



In other news: Elaine's school was closed for most of last week for Swine Flu. We decided she needed a project to keep her entertained. Jim and I took Elaine to Michael's and let her pick out a bundle of bargain beads and a bead organizer. She and Allan enjoyed separating the beads by type. I was surprised how well Allan did. He totally understood what the different categories were. Later, Elaine made me a necklace with all her seafoam-colored beads for Mother's Day.

No comments: