Wednesday, May 27, 2009

this week

Yvette gave her two weeks notice at work. She's the other Assistant manager. Yvie is going to bartending school (we now know), and that's gonna lead to a job that can pay her better. She joked, "when I fit ballet shoes on someone, they don't tip well." She's likely to actually stay 3 weeks, but she said that's her limit. Since giving the news on Saturday, she's kinda sharing all her reasons for quitting with me and the other employees, which puts us all in a funk. Like, do we all want to hear about the perks of her new career while we are still all working here? I think it's unprofessional. For the couple weeks she's still at the store, she is only working nights and weekends. So that means I am working the morning shifts, except on weekends. It's been nice being home for dinner all this week.
Rick hired a new girl, Kelly. She started on Monday. Today was only her second day. She seems very nice and outgoing. So that's awesome. We are already training her on register. She might be the next assistant manager, if her training goes well. Rick said he had another qualified applicant, who he is likely to hire as well. I hope both the new girls learn quickly. October is just around the corner.
I've tried to catch up on my projects at home. I have some dresses of Elaine's that need mending. I need to work on Hope's aprons. I have done a little scrapbooking this week. I worked on organizing our file cabinets and coupons... just paper piling up around the house. I've been scanning baby pictures of Dave on my scanner, while watching tv episodes on my office computer. www.Abc.com has episodes of Lost, Brothers&Sisters and Grey's Anatomy.

Yesterday, Elaine walked up to me out of no where and asked "Are we Mexicans? Because I would eat Mexican rice." I have no idea why she was asking about Mexian rice, because she never would try eatting it before and we made hamburgers for dinner, so the topic seemed out of no where! :)
Today, I had to come in to work (on my day off) because someone called in sick. I only worked til 2:30pm, so I was there when Elaine got out of school. She hopped in the van and said, "Today people were wondering why I have marker on my feet." Her one-liners crack me up!

I buzzed Allan's hair off over the weekend. It's very short. When people ask him where his hair went, he says "It's just my haircut. I look Cu-ute!"

No comments: