Thursday, February 14, 2008

I should be at class tonight...

But the doc today said that I have a upper respiratory infection. Since I have a doctor note, I thought I'd spend the night in bed and do some healing/reading my textbooks.

After class today, I filed some paperwork with my adviser, so now that one computer skills class is counted as an elective that's only graded as "pass or no pass". That takes some pressure off of me to make a great grade, since it wont help or hurt my GPA.
Then I walked up to the Student Health and Wellness Center. It has a new building. It's very nice inside and out. At 2pm I went to the phone-bank to call in for a doctor appointment. While I was there on the phone with the operator, someone else canceled their doctor appointment for 2:15pm. I got to see the nurse around 2:30 and saw the doctor around 3:00pm.
He said that since my kids and I both have runny noses and that I'm not experiencing strong nasal pain, then my problem is probably viral, not bacterial. He said that I have an upper respiratory infection. It's probably viral, so antibiotics shouldn't help. He said for me to take Sudafed and zinc cough drops.
But the doc went ahead and wrote me a prescription for antibiotics in case I get sinus pain later (save me a trip back to see him). I'm getting back to bed, since I have work tomorrow.

No comments: