Sunday, February 10, 2008

Party with Spiderman at Rick & Regina's house


Friday night, we went to Noah's birthday party.

Noah wore his Spiderman suit for a while.

Allan with Spiderman

Elaine with Spiderman

Regina, their youngest son Christopher, their grandson Noah and Rick.

Allan and Elaine played with this guitar off and on all night. Micah would be proud.

The birthday boy, Noah, with his Spiderman cake.
------------------------------------------------------------
Later Friday night, I put myself to bed at 10pm because I felt worn out from the festivities. Then at 1:30am, I woke up with gross sinus drainage down the back of my throat and bad body aches. Allan had crawled in bed with me that night. He was snoring badly and coughing too. When I checked, his nose was running. So I started him on some baby Tylenol sinus stuff. Saturday I wasn't scheduled to work until Noon, so Allan and I got to sleep-in late. But I still felt miserable. Jim bought me a bunch of goodies from the Drug Emporium, like cough drops, vitamin C caplets, daytime cough syrup, and nighttime cough syrup. I only had to work 5 hours on Saturday, so I didn't call in sick (plus it was payday).
This morning Allan is super snotty and coughing, so I figured he can't go to church and be in the church nursery with the other kiddos (contagious??). It's Jimmy's turn to work with the elementary school kids, so he couldn't skip church. So Jimmy took Elaine to church and I'm here watching Allan and doing some homework.

Jimmy did our taxes online yesterday through H&R Block. Since our income is under an certain amount, we can file our taxes online through H&R Block for free. We should get a good refund because of having two kiddos and me being a student.

My school financial aide was processed quicker than I expected. It was supposed to take 2 weeks before I'd know how much our refund would be. Then it was supposed to take another week for the $ to reach the bank account.

The good news: We got $ to reimburse me for what I paid out-of-pocket for tuition to NCTC ($260) and Midland College ($240), what I paid for books (about $200) and a little extra to help with living expenses. I think our first goal is gonna be to pay back "Big Allan" for what he loaned me in August.
I'm glad about the school money coming through, because I think I'm gonna go see an optometrist and see if I still need glasses. I lost my glasses in 2001 and have been doing without since then.

The bad news: With the money currently in our bank account, we wont qualify for food stamps right now. Their income guidelines are pretty picky. The same would also be true once the tax refund comes. We might try again for food stamps this summer when I'm getting less financial assistance from elsewhere.


No comments: