Saturday, April 19, 2008

News this week.

The store I work at is officially moving into Golden Triangle Mall. They are getting the space that is currently the Lunar Golf (black-light indoor golf). Here's what the new location's store front looks like right now.
The space is a LOT larger. There are seperate breakrooms and storage spaces already constructed, so that's gonna be nice. Rick wants me to come up with some ideas on what the store's front entrance should look like. There are two large gates that open/close the front of the store. Whatever I paint will be hung over both gates (not like lunar golf has their current sign over one of the gates). This will be big!
It also sounds like I'll be painting dancer silhouettes inside the store for Rick. He'll of coarse pay me for the work and it'll be GREAT exposure. Think how many people walk through a mall in one day! I'm thinking this can lead to more mural work. *smile*


Rick & Regina had dinner with my family yesterday and then we all met at the mall to look at the new space. It's gonna be a lot of work to get it ready to open up. All the walls are currently BLACK. So there will be lots of priming before any fun painting takes place.
I think I forgot to mention on here that I got a raise. 50 cents more per hour. It'll get me an additional $80 per month (before taxes).

My school project on Christian hypocrisy went REALLY well.
I'm trying to figure out how to add my powerpoint slides to this blog. I'm looking into it.
I got applause at the end. I also got some tough questions from the crowd. I really feel like God gave me the words to say in response. Here was one of the tougher ones... (keep in mind that I was talking to theatre majors, including 1 homosexual and a transvestite).

Question: "You said it is a Christian's job to warn others. So is it alright to make signs that say 'Fags go to Hell' instead of the ones that say 'God hates Fags'?"
My Answer: "Saying something is 'alright' is tricky... I believe that it's a Christian's job to win souls for Jesus, with Jesus. And no one will want to hear about the Savior from a person who's opening statement is 'Fags go to Hell'. That's just not very welcoming and approachable. I believe the truth of the Bible, but that sign probably wouldn't be the best opening line to witness to people."

I got a 92.5 on my Spanish Quiz yesterday. I have a Statistics Exam on Thursday night.

Jim has a bump on the back of his head that was full of puss like a zit. It's round like a quarter and thick. It popped the other day, so it got a little deflated. But it's still there. Jimmy's hair has stopped growing on that spot. Regina at work thinks it's called an abscess. She knew someone who use to get them all the time. They use to put this 'PRID' salve on the guy and the salve pulled all the toxins out and dried up the abscess. I looked for the stuff at Drug emporium, but haven't found it. Regina said the stuff was in a small metal tin, like how bee's wax is sold some times. I'm gonna keep looking.


Tonight,
when I got off of work, Jimmy drove Regina and her son home from the store. They showed Jimmy the campground that is on their land. Jimmy hadn't seen it until tonight. It's near a creek and it's very nice. There are swings, a fire pit, a gas grill, benches and a john. Regina said Jimmy and his friends are welcome to camp there. He's forming a plan. It's nice to know of a place that Jimmy can use all his camping gear without driving far. It's 20 mins from our house. After looking at the campsite and showing the kids the donkeys again...
Regina and I made dinner in her kitchen for everyone. Elaine was very helpful. Regina wants Elaine to sleep over at her house some time, so they can play Barbies and paint their nails. We left Rick and Regina's after dinner, but I got some cute pics while we were there.

Kids on logs at the campground this evening:


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p.s. I have to do a presentation in class, convincing them that I am qualified for a job. It's done like a mock-interview. I have to pick what type of job I am applying for, so my professor can prepare questions to ask me. His suggestion is that I pretend I am interviewing to paint a mural in like an Italian restaurant or something.

I have to put together a professional portfolio in the next few days! Since I'm "interviewing" for a mural job, I'm supposed to only include painting-related stuff in this portfolio. (No charcoal)

I found a coupon for 20% off any one item at Michaels. I think Jim and I are gonna look for a portfolio there first. I found presentation cases online, but I can't wait the time it would take for shipping.

I also have to pick out pictures from my previous painting work and get them printed out at Walmart ASAP. Their photo developing prices are the cheapest we've found.

No comments: