Thursday, April 03, 2008

Phew!

I earned an 81.5% on my Spanish Exam
I took my 3rd Statistics Exam tonight. I feel like I did really well. I should know my grade on Monday.
I got 100% on my last project for my computer skills class.

For the advocacy project, I talked to my professor and decided on an interesting topic. He said that "Any time people portray themselves differently than they are, then it's a form of theatre." So with that in mind, I'm tackling the topic of Christian Hipocracy.

**This is me treading gently**

I know I'm gonna use the verse about a plank in your eye. I know I'm gonna mention that we all sin, regardless of being Christian or not. I get 10 minutes to talk to 20 students about the topic. I'm up for any suggestions about this. I'm gonna pray a lot and see what is given to me. I have a little over a week until I present my topic.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Elaine has been oddly fascinated with height this week. She keeps drawing pictures of herself and a classmate, Cora. She draws two girls side by side, but one is taller than the next. Elaine keeps telling me which one is her; the tall one of course. I wonder if she gets teased about her height or what is up with her sudden fascination with height.
They seem to be getting measured in this drawing.
Today Elaine's teacher told Jim that Elaine's reading homework is from the Kindergarten curriculum, instead of Pre-K.
----------------------------------------------------------------
They hired another girl at work, to replace the last one. So now I'm not working on Tuesdays or Thursdays again (unless special circumstances come up). I'm glad that I'll have some more free-time leading up to finals week. I only have 4 more weeks of classes!!!
My boss, Rick, said that his business is gonna move in the next year... for sure. So it's gonna be interesting to see what God does with the business in the future. I'm praying that they have success leading up to the move and following it. It sounds like the new store will be more high-traffic than where we are now.
One thing has been decided for sure: They are gonna have me paint some simple murals in the new store. *Yay for getting my skills visible*
---------------------------------------------------------------
I told Jimmy that instead of going out to celebrate my birthday (after I get off of work at 6pm), I just want him to make a good dinner and rent a video for family time.

No comments: