Monday, January 26, 2009

Not much new here

Allan has taken over a Thousand photos of himself with the webcam. Looking through them is like looking through a Flip book. In the photos, I've watched him eat crackers, frame by frame. He also parades his Robots and favorite toys for the camera. He can turn on the webcam all by himself and snap photos on his own. Elaine is less interested in the webcam, but she hams it up for the camera every once in a while.


mmmm crackers


whatcha got there Lainey? Chex mix?




He likes parking his toys in view of the camera.


This is when I first showed Allan how to work the camera.



I brought my laptop to work with me all last week to type up costume/accessory inventory. All the girls were doing inventory by hand and had to erase or re-write stuff when merchandise sold. I typed it all up and emailed it to Rick, so he can just edit it all on his computer now.

I've been working weird hours this week since my bosses are at the costume convention in Houston. They hired a new girl, Cassie, last week. I'm kinda on the fence about whether I like her or not. Last week Cassie asked if I am a manager or what? Rick said that he considers Yvette and I both Assistant Managers, but that I have extra responsibilities. It's nice to hear him call me an Assistant Manager instead of a keyholder. April Fools day is my year-and-a-half anniversary at the store.
There is a big sale going on for the next month, beginning today. It's the store's 30th Anniversary. All dancewear is 10-30% off.
--------------------------
Jim and Robert took the kids to glow-in-the dark Putt Putt tonight inside the mall. I had vouchers for four free games of golf (a perk of being a mall employee). Allan got some hole-in-ones. They played fifty-something holes, then picked me up from work.
--------------------

I've been reading my book about learning to drive. I want to go get my learner's permit very soon. When I get home from work, I've been watching re-runs of 'Lost' and reading that book in bed. We'll save lots of gas when I can drive myself to work. Jim could walk Elaine to school.

There is supposed to be an Ice Storm tomorrow.

No comments: