Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bad Weather Days

Tuesday morning we got Elaine ready for school and tried to drop her off, but there was not a car in the school's parking lot! School was cancelled, even though weather was not that bad. It was 30 degrees and misting, but not anything too gross. We didn't even think to look into school closings, because we thought the weather was nothing too special. Then by that night the mist became icey rain. I closed the store at 5pm, because Denton was starting to get sleet. We heard the sleet was gonna pick up as soon as the sun set, so I made the decision to close the store, before the night shift of co-workers came to work. I didn't want Jen to get to work and then not be able to get home on the icey roads. I called Rick and he backed up my decision.
I called Rick about the bad weather since I knew they would be driving home in it. This is one of those times when it's nice that I'm friends with my bosses. Rick and Regina didn't want to drive back from the costume convention in the sleet storm, so they drove back early this morning. Today was my day off, so Rick and Regina didn't open the store until like one in the afternoon. I talked to Regina on the phone some today, but I can't wait to hear about all the new costumes they've ordered from the costume convention! :)

Denton ISD was closed again today, so we had both kids home to entertain.



I finally put batteries inside Allan's Lightning McQueen toy today. He LOVES it. I mean, he already loved it when it was silent... but now the race car talks, makes "vroom vroom" noises AND it's wheels spin strong enough to pull the car across our carpet or ZOOM it across our kitchen tile. Allan is super excited.

For fun, Jim and she made dinner together while I kept Allan busy with blowing bubbles.




Both of them are hamming it up



Jim and Elaine made lasagna, salad and garlic bread.


P.S. - Elaine is reading 'Charlotte's Web'.

No comments: