Sunday, July 19, 2009

Church Activities

At church today, we got to hang out with our friends, The Schmidts. They moved to Virginia almost 2 years ago and we've only seen them twice in that time. After church, there was a pot luck lunch, so everyone close to the Schmidts could hang out with them for a while. I made fudge, but it melted into mush pretty quickly. Jeannie, aka "the Moo", and I were both so glad to see eachother. She's like an extra aunt to me. She's always given me wise counsel and everyone should be so lucky to have her, or her hubby, for friends.
After lunch, we got a storm in Denton, which made my internal clock say it was time for a nap. I slept for about an hour, then we woke up to get the kids in their swimsuits for the VBS kick off party at 5. Elaine will be attending VBS again this summer. Allan is still not old enough (by 6 months). But anyone could come to the kick off party.

Yummm... juice boxes.

Jim helped out with sending kids up the ladder for a while. The pastor, Ken, sat at the top of the slide, to help kids over.


Regina










I've started to show yall more of my scrapbook pages that are still in-progress. It may take me time to think of titles for the title-less layouts (like the Giraffe one from the other day). But at least seeing the layouts on my blog helps me to think of something to do next.




I have no title on this 2page layout about Christmas eve in Jacksonville. I think the fancy paper with rich colors has me stumped for what to do for an elegant title. I think it'll say something like Christmas Eve Mass, but I haven't decided how to put it in there. (Like with gold alpha stickers, or words strung on Christmas lights... I dunno).



1 comment:

The Moo said...

I so loved getting to hang out with you. It was awesome that you had the day off! I sooooo miss you! You're such a blessing in my life. Thank goodness we get to spend eternity together! Love ya!!! Moo