Thursday, May 04, 2006

Oh, the Joys of parenting.

ARG!!! This morning the kids were up early, so I changed diapers and refilled milk bottles a good number of times, but I kept returning to bed after each motherly task. Then late morning Jim got up, so I took it as an opportunity to sleep in. At some point Allan pulled off his diaper and walked around with DIARREA in their bedroom. Since then, the nursery is on quarenteen (spelling??) . The added grossness of the sanitation process is due to my lovely son emptying their dresser onto the floor onto the diarrea. I have to launder ALL OF THEIR FOLDED CLOTHES. I called my mom for tips on how to take care of the mess. So, for now the kids are stuck in the living room while I clean their room.
**Mental note: we NEED a wooden dresser for the kids, so I can screw in some babyproof latches. These rubbermaid-style dressers aint doing the job. **
----------------
I'm also weeding out their toys. They have entirely too many stuffed animals. They don't play with most of them. I'll keep the sentimental ones from when they were infants and the ones that they enjoy still. I think part of the trouble with the amount of toys they possess is that we are holding on to the toys Elaine has outgrown, like her glow worm, just in case Allan will want them as he grows up. Some toys will go to Goodwill, and some toys will be cleaned and returned to Pamela.
----
Jimmy said this is funny, so I thought I'd pass along the humor:
Let me set the scene for you. I don't wear makeup to my geology class. I wear my hair up in a bandana and most of the semester (during Scapino) I went to this class in my painting clothes. I sit with 4 girls and one guy. I've chit chatted with the guy (I don't remember his name), throughout the semester. He works at a church and his sister is a stage manager for a theatre, so we had some common interests. Anywho...
Yesterday he and I were in class chatting before lecture began. It went something like this.
Me: you look tired.
Him: I get up at 5am. It takes it's toll.
Me: do you work in the morning?
Him: No, I get up that early to torture myself ;-)
Me: how early do you get to bed?
Him: about midnight and I get about 5 hours of sleep. Like I said, torture.
Me: I get to bed around 1 or 2 and I wake up anywhere between 7 and 10am.
Him: you're as bad as me, then. :-) Do you work in the morning?
Me: The kids are photo-sensitive, so they get up whenever the sun comes up. Daylight savings really...
Him: (very fast) KIDS! You have a kid??!! No, you watch kids for someone? Or you have kids? You're old enough to have a kid? No! You watch kids for someone?
Me: *hold up my wedding ring*
Him: Wow! You have a kid. I didn't think you were old enough.
Me: My daughter is 3 and a half. (He looks shocked). I'm 23. How old are you?
Him: older than most. (he holds up fingers "3" and "0")
Me: 30, I thought you were about my husband's age.
Him: Yeah, you're married.... I gotta change my game. :-)

LOL LOL LOL LOL -Apparently he had been hitting on me and I never noticed. Jimmy thought this was all hillarious. He keeps laughing about it.

No comments: