Monday, August 28, 2006

Jim's new job, 1st day of UNT & more short updates

Sunday was my turn in the church nursery, Jimmy helped in K4C for the 3rd week in a row and Micah was working with the Youth (since he's 18, he's a leader over the youth now). So after we all worked all the way through church time, we rewarded ourselves by meeting with some other church people for lunch at a hole-in-the-wall. We had a missed call on our cellphone during church, so we called back Jimmy's parents. They were in town from Florida! Surprise!! After lunch we headed strait home, but Dave and Hope beat us their. (I was so glad that I vacuumed the night before. LOL). We all went to Garland to have dinner with Scott.
Pawpaw isn't looking good. He's lost a lot of weight just since last week...at least it looks like it in his face. He was under a blanket, so I didn't see much of his body this weekend. He's sleeping a lot. The nurses have him on morphine. Nurses from Hospice check on him 3 days a week. Some of us want Margo to have fulltime help with her for Pawpaw. The paperwork is in motion for that to happen. Just waiting now. Pawpaw's kids have all been taking turns staying overnight with him. Margo hadn't had a good night of sleep in a while, she said. Scott slept in the room with Pawpaw, so Margo could sleep in her own bed. Anyhow, continue praying for Pawpaw to have less pain and have peace.
I was an early bird today; up at 8am online re-arranging my schedule. (I couldn't swap classes all weekend because the website wanted people to wait for Monday). I'm happy with my schedule now. I didn't have class until 6pm, so we spent part of the afternoon with Hope at Walmart. She bought baby Allan a potty chair, some underwear, a fireman outfit and a Backyardigan puppet ("Paublo"). When we got home I was talking about the toy and Allan repeated, "paubo, paubo, paubo". He's growing up so fast. Hope got Elaine a booster seat for the car, since she weighs enough not to need a big ol' carseat anymore. Elaine weighs 46 pounds and she needed to weigh 40 pounds to use this type of seat. Elaine also recieved a Chef Dora doll. Both kids got new sippy cups too. Elaine really likes the chef Dora and kept talking about Dora cooking all the way home from the store.
On the way home in the car, the Denton Elk's lodge called Jimmy and asked if he could start working for them this Wednesday. He'll be making chicken fried steaks and potatoes.
We were home about a half hour before I had to leave for my Sociology class. I made a pot of coffee, since I hadn't made any yet all day. The class was really interesting. The topic is Marriage and Family as a social institution. For instance the different dynamics of family and special topics like same-sex couples, adoption, divorce, family violence, yadda yadda. The professor has lived in Washington working for some congressman on legislation. Did yall know that some congressmen are trying to legislate to stabalize the American family?? I haven't heard which congressmen, yet. But what they want to do is mandate how many hours a mother has to spend with her children and how many meals a family HAS to eat together. That's too wierd. The class only meets Monday nights and since next Monday is a holiday, my homework isn't due for 2 weeks. :)
Jimmy hosted a Fajita night tonight, but only Micah and Robert were able to show up. Jimmy used some of the 'Ben's legacy' beef for the Fajitas. SO SO GOOD. There are very little leftovers. Micah's housesitting for some friends, so he had to eat and run. After Jimmy fetched me from class, I ate and read my syllabus online for my online anthropology class. Looks like it's gonna be a boring attempt at brainwashing, but It'll help me graduate sooner.
------
Jimmy has a second interview at a Mexican restaraunt tomorrow. Originally they told him that he wasn't what they were looking for. But for some reason, their top choice person didn't work out. So they asked Jimmy to re-interview.

So far he's working Wednesday and Friday Morning-Lunch at the Elk's lodge, and Thursday mornings delivering Thrifty Nickels and now he might be able to pick up a night job too. Praise Jesus. Things are looking up for us this week.
On the same 'yay for the world' train of thought: it's been pouring down raining for two days now. Mucho mucho neccesita!!
------
Early early this morning I tried calling and re-calling Midland's admissions office to find out if they've recieved my UNT transcript yet. I couldn't get through on the phone. Everyone and their brother is calling the admissions office. The operator I spoke to was nice, but no help. I can't register for my one class with them until they process my transcript. I have until Friday to register for Spanish.
--------
I have class at 12:30pm and 2pm tomorrow. I get out at 3:20pm. While I am in class, our landlord and Jimmy are gonna try to fix our hot water heater. Jimmy's interview isn't until 6pm. I bet he'd like a HOT shower before the interview. :)

No comments: