Friday, August 25, 2006

YAY's & B000's of today

Booo: No word yet on whether I've been approved for the memorial loan to cover my textbooks until my financial aide arrives. I hope to hear from the Memorial loan people tomorrow, so I can go buy my textbooks for classes.

Yay: I'm eager for school to start. Did I tell yall that classes start at UNT this coming Monday? I'm taking 13 hours at UNT this semester. But I only have to go to campus 3 days a week. That'll be great when Jimmy finds a job.

Another Yay: Online last night I found about a dozen cooking jobs for Jimmy to apply for in our area. Some had online applications, so I filled those in on the spot.

YAY:
I went on campus and with no hassle, did the paperwork to have my official UNT transcript mailed to Midland College's Admissions department in case I got accepted.


Little Yay: I was 2nd of the 3 people in line at the registrars office. This frazzled freshman behind me in line asked if I thought ALL the freshmen classes would be full by now (3 days before school starts). I told him it's unlikely. He's bound to get into something he needs. Then the freshman asked where the English department is. I made a guess, but told him I wasn't sure. It was my turn at the counter, so I did what I came to do. Once I was done, I went around the corner and grabbed a campus map and handed it to the freshman and pointed him in the right direction. I felt good that I took a second to help him. It put a little jump in my step.

Yay: the last two days, I've gone for 30 minute walks. Today I even jogged some of the way. I had 3 small meals today, instead of 2 huge ones. I think that'll help my metabolism. I actually forgot about dinner until Jimmy had pizza; I just had one slice.

BIG YAY!: I was admitted to Midland College! I saw on the internet tonight around 11pm. So, I'm glad I already have it in the works for them to recieve my transcript and scores (the UNT Registrar said they'd be mailed within 2 days from UNT). The Midland website wont let me Register for my one class until they've seen my SAT Scores on the UNT transcripts. Midland's semester begins Monday too, but registration doesn't end until September 1st, a week into classes. Since Midland is in Texas, I bet they have my transcript by Wednesday. I'm gonna keep checking online to see when that block on my paperwork is gone, so I can register.

Booo: Midland has this policy where Tuition is due the same day as I register online. This same policy is also at UNT beginning this semester, but at UNT I qualified for a Short Term loan to cover just my tuition until my financial aide arrives.

BIG B000: I learned on Midland's website that since I'm only taking one class from them, not the minimum 6 hours, I wont qualify for financial aide. The class I plan to take from them is one that is completely full at UNT, Spanish One. I need to take Spanish now if I want to graduate within 2 years (I'm aiming for 18 months -December 2007). The tuition is going to be about $300 for the online class. I don't know how much my textbook will be, or if the reading material is gonna be online too.

In sumation, I'm praying that my UNT financial aid arrives super soon, so I can pay for my tuition at Midland and our rent in 10 days. I'm trying to treat my body better with more structured exersize and eatting healthier portions. Yay me.

p.s. YAY US!! Since it's 1:30 in the morning, it's our 4th Wedding Anniversary! We talked and aren't gonna celebrate until next month. We just can't. September 21st is the anniversary of our first date, so we'll celebrate then.



No comments: