Friday, September 22, 2006

It's been a while...well not really

Another week has passed so I thought I'd update everyone. I'm pretty tired, so upfront I'm advising yall to ignore any type-o's.
I had a Developmental Psychology Exam today. The professor is a blond grad student girl who wears party dresses & strappy heels to lecture the class. She doesn't really lecture. She reads powerpoint slides to us, but keeps reminding us not to bother taking notes because the slides are ALL on the net and we can just print them all out instead of ya know, attending class and taking notes. With all that in mind, I thought the class was gonna be a breeze. I wasn't worried about this exam until she announced on Tuesday that in the last class she taught 70% of her class got D's because she writes hard tests. She said she uses the first test to gauge the class and then the next test will be easier. I don't want a D on a test, so I stayed up til 3-ish am studying last night and then I woke at 8am to continue to study. The test had really tricky questions. I'm hoping for the best. The partydress professor drops one test grade each semester completely. I'd rather do well on the first couple tests and be able to completely skip the final exam. I should know next week how I did.
On Tuesday I had a "Short test" in my History of the Renaissance class. I crammed for that one too, but I don't feel good about it. It was all essay with 50 minutes to write. I think I did pretty well on the part about Dante, but not the communes of Florence.
I have a 5-8 page book report due for this class next thursday. I got 'The Decameron' from the library this afternoon. I need to reead it over the weekend. I'm not not all caught up on past reading assignments yet, but I'm closing the gap slowly but surely.
I'm doing well in Spanish. On the first two quizes I've gotten a 98 and 100.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I picked up a magazine called Sew Simple. It's pretty new. This is only the third issue ever. I like it. This issue explained how to make a purse, some curtains, a shirt and how to do some techiniques. I think I'll ask Santa for a subscription.
I started altering a shirt Margo gave me. It was too big on her, so she handed it down to me. It's 2sizes too large, so I'm making the siloette more hour-glass.
I want to make some headbands soon. Different types. I need to figure how to stabalize the cotton fabric... what was that stuff called in the drawer in the Costume shop? I think it started with an 'I'. Interfacing? Something like that.

In the last 6 days Allan has peed in his potty chair twice. I've had 2 major messes to clean in their room this week from his potty training confusion. If I say "let's go potty" he does run for the bathroom now. So he knows what that means. But he wants to sit down with his underwear still on. Jimmy got tired of Elaine calling Allan's briefs, "Panties". After a little correction, she calls them Allan's "shorts" (like they are boxers, but close enough).

My Dad's shoulder is hurt really badly. He hurt it moving something that was too heavy. He's had a bunch of tests and might need surgery. He has his arm in a sling and is in mucho pain.

Today (meaning the day that ended 30 minutes ago) was Scott's birthday. I told Jimmy to call his Dad, but he forgot. Jimmy worked early Wednesday and Thursday and tomorrow is an early+long day at the Elk's lodge. He's been pretty tired. With that in mind, it's been kinda cool that twice this week Jimmy loaded us all up to go fly kites at the park. Allan skinned his knee today going down a slide, and he keeps running off. But otherwise, everyone had fun. It's been really windy.

We invited Kenny and Dave over for a Sunday afternoon of guy time. Jimmy's making a lasagna and we want to watch some videos with the boys. We've been talking about having Dave & Kenny over for a movie, but we needed to stop talking about it and actually make the plans. Kenny has 'Waiting' and we have 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail'. It should be fun, if the guys can make it. They get busy with hockey on weekends.
I know what you're thinking, 'Hasn't Jimmy been making lasagnas on Saturdays for the last month? Why Sunday this time?'
Tonight is the anniversary of our first date (sept 21st). We are celebrating both our 4th wedding anniversary and 5th First date anniversary this Saturday. We want to make dinner together at home and then go out to the Sneak Preview of 'School for Scoundrels'... If we can't make it to that, then we'll hit the $2 theatre. There were a couple cute movies showing at the cheap theatre this week. All we had done for our anniversary thus far was dinner with Jim's folks at Chubby's. This will be more of a date.

I almost forgot to tell yall!! Jimmy's computer's harddrive crashed last Saturday night! All information was lost. As far as I can tell the last time we backed up was June. So photos since then are all gone. After consulting Steven, Jimmy decided we needed to buy a new harddrive. Jimmy's having to re-install all the programs on that computer. So for now I can't post photos on my blog. Luckily all my school work for this semester has been on my laptop, so I didn't loose any of that. I'm also happy that the best pictures of Hope & Scott's visit were already published on this blog, so we can always re-obtain those pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liss: Thanks for the weekly update. Man, you guys have been busy.. I am glad that you are doing well in Spanish, but sorry to hear about the ditsy blonde in Psych; but things will work out. I love hearing about the kids, and it looks like Baby Allan isn't a baby anymore - it won't be long before he will be potty trained. You are doing a wonderful job.
I am sorry about the computer crashing, but glad that your laptop hasn't crashed. Did Jimmy tell you that the pictures came in, but I am going to send them to you when I get you a phone and send it all together. I am sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he gets better and not have to have surgery.
Love,
Hope