Saturday, September 16, 2006

My Day. A Recap.

I feel like I blogged a lot today, but since Jimmy was at work all day and I was just doing housework, school work and watching kids... blogging lets me pretend I'm having adult conversation. *shrug* At least it's mentally stimulating.

Kids
Tonight Allan put himself up in a chair at the kitchen table. He wanted to eat dinner there. He was messy, dropping dry spagetti on the floor. But he used his fork well and stayed seated (he has tried to climb to the center of the table in the past).
Elaine and I had Allan sit on his potty chair at least 10 times this afternoon. Whenever she had to use the restroom OR if Allan wet his underwear, then he had to sit on his potty. Around 8:30pm he finally trickled a little into the potty and was rewarded with lots of cheers and praise. Then around 9:15pm (right after Daddy got home from work) Allan peed for real in his potty. Again Elaine and I clapped and cheered. Allan smiled SO BIG and clapped for himself. we put him in a diaper for bedtime.
School
I got caught up on reading for my Child Development class. I'll have to re-read my notes before the test on Thursday, but I feel good about it. I had the lights off in the living room tonight while I watched "Kill Bill vol.1" and worked on my Psyc notes on my laptop. Elaine said that it must be raining because it was dark inside (last week she noticed it gets dark during daytime when it rains). For about 2 hours tonight Elaine pretended to be carrying an Umbrella. She held her hand out and mimed an umbrella. She added a REAL knit hat, scarf and jacket to her pretend play. Elaine wanted me to hid under her umbrella and I did for a little while. She kept chasing Allan with her imaginary umbrella so he wouldn't get wet. The funniest part was when we'd stop for potty breaks or to eat, she'd realize after a while that she was not 'holding' her umbrella anymore. Elaine ran back to where she last 'had it' and picked it back up!! That girl has an imagination on her!!!
She also drew a bunch of pictures of cars with her washable markers this afternoon. She said they were for Allan's wall. She even drew him a firetruck.
Housework
I did a load of dishes and 2 loads of laundry, then vacuumed. No painting today. I sewed a second curtain panel for my office yesterday (Thursday afternoon). Today I steamed both panels with our iron and hung them. There are still some wrinkles, but they look good. I used that same Eeyore Toille fabric from the first panel. My office is so ME -Eeyores everywhere.

There was a HUGE event at our church tonight: The Fall Festival. Shiloh isn't doing a Halloween Party or a Fall Picnic... instead they combined the budget for both and had a HUGE blowout. There are bounce houses for adults and kids, hamburger eatting contests, Free food for anyone in the community who shows up. I was signed up to volunteer for an hour tonight at the church, but I had to cancel because Jimmy was working tonight. The church teens have a lock-in tonight, so Micah is at that. Jim's already in bed and I can't sleep. My body is tired but my brain is like 50% awake. I think I'll play on the stickerplanet website. I've been getting emails from them all week.

No comments: