Monday, September 04, 2006

sigh

We went to early church on Sunday (the 9:30am service) because Scott had warned us that the hospice worker didn't expect Pawpaw to live through Saturday night. Within 15 minutes of our arrival in Garland, Pawpaw let go at 12:03pm.
Off and on for 6 or so hours I watched all the kids in the backyard. It was a break in the hot nasty weather, so it was best to keep the kids outside away from the stressed pets and the logistical events after a death.
Today we all went for funeral clothing. Jimmy is gonna be a paul barrer along with his cousins and brother. The service is Wednesday morning.

It's been exhausting to watch the kids all day at a home which isn't Allan-proof. Not to mention the emotional drain of it all. *sigh* Little diversions are helping. I painted a birdhouse last night and tonight I'm gonna start a charcoal picture. I just need to let my mind space out on a project. I had a real good cry earlier. That helped a lot. There's just anxiety in the air and I had to cry out some tension. I feel a lot better than I did earlier. I'm gonna email my professor about skipping history class tomorrow. I'm just drained. We all are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We found a perfect place to hang both the charcoal picture of Mom and Dad, and the birdhouse. Thank you so much for being so thoughtful and caring.

Love
Hope