Saturday, December 16, 2006

a couple grades and a curiosity

I bought this coffee that was only $3 at walmart. I got what I paid for...so so gross. I added some cinnimon to the coffee grounds and it helped a lot. I'm getting ready to go to my Baptism class while I write this. My jeans looked funny 'cause they're getting so big on me. The belt was the only thing holding them on. I reached up in my closet and grabbed some other jeans that are the next size down. They fit, with room to wiggle eat and dance. I've lost some weight lately since we haven't had extra food around to snack on. You'd think with eatting Spagetti three nights last week I would've GAINED weight but whatever.
The bad news is at Midland College my current average is a C, because the only class I'm taking there is Spanish. The good news is that I got a C in Spanish, so I more than 'just passed' it. Yay me. (I've always been happy with anything between A and C.. Who checks the GPA on a muralist before they get to paint their bathroom?).
At UNT I only know two grades so far because they are the ones accessable through WebCT. The rest I have to wait for my official scores to be recorded on the my.unt website. I earned an A in Anthropology (Cultural Diversity in the United States) and earned a B in Psychology of Child Development.

I saw my buddy/professor, Mario, the other day in the sceneshop. I asked Mario if he got this email I sent him last week. I wanted to know which class section of 'special problems' I needed to register for in January.
I'm supposed to be the Scenic Artist for UNT's Spring production of 'Three Penny Opera', so to get school credit for this I'd typically register for a special problems and a faculty member supervises me then grades my work. I think that since UNT doesn't have an in-house scenic painting professor this year, supervising me should fall on Mario's shoulders since he teaches set design.
The other day when I talked to Mario about my email, he said that he meant to reply to me. He does not want me to register for a special problems class. He instructed me to register for "Theatre 4920". He double checked that I was talking about my role as a scenic artist and I confirmed. Then he said that's the class I need to register for and to contact my advisor for the registration code.
When I got home, I looked up the class description online:
"4920. Cooperative Education in Theatre Arts. 3 hours. Supervised work in a job directly related to the student’s major, professional field of study or career objective. Prerequisite(s): senior standing; 18 advanced hours of theatre arts and consent of department; student must meet the employer’s requirements. May be repeated for credit."
It sounds to me like I just got hired for a work study of some sort. I emailed Mario for clarification about what's expected of me (hours per week, etc). I'll let yall know when I know more.

No comments: