Friday, December 01, 2006

Let it snow Let it snow Let it snow

It was 27 degrees most of Thursday with a 10 degree windchill and snowing! This has been the first time since 2001 that it was cold enough that the snow didn't melt immediately. It was accumulating on the trees, our car, the roads and bridges. I had that lecture on Tuesday saying "whether it takes a bus or plane", I should turn in my history paper Thursday in class. So with the snow, ice and the car acting sick, I made it to campus. There were only 10 students in class (a representation of how many classmates live in Denton, I'm sure) and my TA didn't come. At the end of class, I handed my new paper to our professor, Dr.Stern. I told her that Richard, the TA, wanted me to rework it and turn it in then. She didn't have any idea that there was a problem with the original paper and said "Richard needs something to do." This threw me for a loop, since he said that Dr.Stern was being nice about my paper... you'd think he had consulted her!
After class I needed a tool for charcoal smearing/blending. They cost about 80cents, so I walked to the art supply store that's at the other end of campus. The store was closed for snow. My ears were freezing until Jim picked me up. The hood on my coat kept blowing back from the wind.

Yesterday after class we cashed in my change jar at the bank. Whenever I find change cleaning house or doing laundry, it's mine. Jimmy says he'll never make fun of my change jar again... $51 was in it. From the bank, we went to Walmart to buy Jim slacks for his new job. Black slacks are mandatory and we didn't want him wearing the black pants from his suit. I actually got him to try them on to make sure they'd fit. He seems to be cooperating more. I had to do a 'chat' for my Anthropology class last night, so Jim made most of dinner and kept the kids out of my way. I'm still pretty exhausted from all these late nights writting papers lately. After the anthropology work, I spent a few hours playing on Myspace (adding new songs) and chatting with my buddy Davey online.

It's 17 degrees outside right now. I have an anthropology essay to write and turn in online by midnight. It's Jim's first day at his new job.

No comments: