Wednesday, November 29, 2006

still exhausted, but in a better mood.

For whatever reason Picasa wont upload the pic I took of the leak in the Taurus, so you'll have to imagine it for now. Jimmy said that today he discovered the leak isn't on the tube, but instead it's somewhere near the T-juncture. He's doing what he can to buy us time until we can really repair it (probably January).

Via email and phone, I was informed that my history paper needs to be re-worked by tommorrow afternoon. Since it's a history paper I talked about specific years, towns and political movements that happened. But I didn't understand that I needed to cite ALL information, even if it's just an event's Date (like where I read about the timeline). My history TA, Richard, said it's "borderline plagerism". Scary sounding, huh?
So all day and tonight I've been looking up every factoid in my essay, to verify it's validity. The other drama is that I used Wikipedia as one of my original sources and my TA said that I should have known better because Wikipedia evidently is notorious for being corrupt. So I'm pulling all evidence of Wikipedia's definitions out of my essay. And finally, I've never written a double-spaced essay for a college level class until this semester in Sociology, so I wrote a single-spaced paper for history, thinking single-spaced was the norm. The TA was MAD that I wrote single spaced, making the paper twice as long as required.
Once I chop everything out of my essay and transfer it to double-spaced (evidently as required) the paper should still be the correct length, 10 pages.
For the record: we were never given any guidelines about format; just how many primary and secondary sources to use.
This whole ordeal has me feeling stupid for not looking up the typical college essay format online before starting the essay. I took English composition 6 years ago in highschool as dual credit... it's been a while.
Anywho,I need to finish reviewing Humanism in my textbook and add in some commentary about it in the essay. So I shouldn't be up ALL night or anything.

Tomorrow we have to go buy Jimmy some black slacks for his new uniform. I have to do an online chat for Anthropology reviewing an episode of the Simpsons by midnight tomorrow. I have a research paper for Anthropology due Friday, and my first Final is Monday night. Somewhere in there I need to finish the charcoal drawing I started two weeks ago. *sigh*

No comments: