Thursday, November 02, 2006

That's annoying

*Explaining out-of-sequence photos*
Two of the photos I posted this week have disappeared from my blog. One was my happy Halloween card to yall ("Yall" meaning my family) and the other was a picture of Elaine in her cinderella dress. So I'm gonna hunt them out in my 'puter and repost them. But I felt like explanation was neccesary for a Halloween card published on Nov 3rd.

*More cruddyness*
Jimmy is still sick. He worked this morning at the Elk's lodge. When he got home this afternoon, he took the nighttime cough syrup by mistake and slept until like 8pm. Then he went back to sleep around 10pm for the night. Earlier he talked to our pastor about an internship that is available working at our church. The job isn't what he understood it to be... it wouldn't be a good match for him right now.

*Frustrated*
Tonight was my last midterm. It was in Anthropology. I know, you're thinking "she should be happy!" I was happy until I started checking in on my online classes in general. I did this Spanish practice quiz and quiz on Halloween night, and tonight I realized that I did the work for next week... meaning a Zero on a quiz for this week....mumble grumble dang deadline. I was able to go ahead and do the practice quiz late, which has minimal influence on my overall grade, but at least I got an A on it. So I know I'm okay on the subject matter. In Spanish I got a 91.5% on my midterm over all regular verbs (-AR, -ER, -IR). As for anthropology, I am so so glad I did the review sheet! I finished the test in an hour with 30 minutes to spare. It was half essay questions. I feel good about it, but don't know my grade yet. I'm waiting for it to be graded. That's where I'm at for most my classes.
For History of the Renaissance, the TA has like 20 tests still to grade and he said he might not even have them graded for class tomorrow (the test was last Thurs). I have a research paper due for this class mid November. I just changed my topic. I'm gonna write about Passion Plays. I should be able to talk about that for 10 pages.
I've taken my Sociology midterm, but wont have the grade for 2 weeks (at least). Our class only meets on Mondays, and my professor is in Boston this coming Monday. I have a research paper coming up for this class in November too. I need to change my topic. --Right now it's "The Dowry System in Renaissance Italy and the resulting Infanticide compared to abortions and Infanticide in the United States in present times" ...you see why I want to change topics so something like... "drugs in school" or "divorce rates in college students" or like "why is it hard to have children while writting a research paper that the professor wont remember to grade until the last week of school." (did I mention that I haven't recieved ANY grades back in this class so far? She doesn't know how to work the machine that reads scantrons! I have no clue what my grade is... no one does.)
In Child Development I got a 89% on the midterm. I had a 88% on the first test, so it's par for the course. We have another test coming up fast, mid November. I like the class more now with the blind professor, but for the most recent chapeters she has been reading straight from the textbook, so it's kinda boring.
I'm on track in my physics lab. There wasn't a midterm. I can still get an A for the semester.

No comments: