Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Hallelujuah, one more semester done!

I heard I hadn't posted on here in a while, so here I am... miss me? Today was the end of my finals. Most of the grades wont be back until the end of this week or early next week (online).
I feel pretty good about my history of the renaissance test. My bet is this was my best final grade. We were given the questions ahead of time to prepare. On the test there was 8 questions. We had to choose 4 to write long essays about. I feel really good about 3 of my essays and I think the forth is mediocre, but got the job done. I spoke to the TA after class. He said that my revised research paper is in his office. He said that he didn't recall my grade off hand, but that he didn't penalize me for late work or anything.
According to the percentages in the chart online, it looks like I passed Spanish one. *insert happy dance* I already have the online spanish2 class picked out for the Spring. I want the same professor. I'm waiting for my UNT financial aide to come (early January) to register, since Midland college requires payment on the same day I register. I have until the first day of school to register, and that's January 16th for the online class. So all that should work out fine. In other Midland College-related news, I discovered that they have 2 summer semesters. So if all goes well... I could take Spanish 3 then Spanish 4 over the summer and only have 30 hours to go at UNT to graduate. UNT requires that my LAST 30 hours of college credit to be from UNT and my 'last 30 hours' don't start after I finish Spanish at Midland College. So until I'm done with Spanish I'm finishing up my minor in Drawing (one class to go, but not offered this Spring), taking a couple extra Painting classes through the art depa (helpful with my profession), getting hands-on experience in the theatre... and sometime handling that pesky math credit. (maybe math and Spanish this summer? I should be able to wrap my brain around tough subjects when there's only two classes to worry about.
Sunday I'm getting Baptised. It's also Elaine's forth birthday and the Other's Christmas Party at Main Event. I think we aren't celebrating the birthday until January. We joked about making cupcakes for Elaine's Sunday school class...but with us busy at the baptismal, that's not practical. Then the following Sunday is Christmas Eve and her class isn't meeting.
I joined a new online scrapbooking swap group. It's called mommysbs. I don't know if I'll stay with this one in the long run, but it's okay for now. A lady that I know from scrappin_free is also at this group. She and I have been chatting online a lot in the last week or so. We're mainly talking about the club and scrapbooking; she has kids too. Her name is Cher. She has a diecutting machine and offered to cut me out a stack of diecuts for Jimmy's babybook. We have eachother's back in the group. We check with eachother if we're about to offer something good to the group. It's nice to have an amiga.
I think that's everything until I get my grades back.

No comments: