Monday, January 14, 2008

Another brief update before I leave for work

Some time during the Florida road trip our van started making a new sound. It's hard to describe... almost a whirring, but not. Anyways, the sound hasn't stopped. We suspect that the serpentine belt stretched during the road trip or otherwise was compromised.
When Jim and I replaced the serpentine belt on his old truck, it was only $12 for the part (if I remember correctly). But the Mercury isn't designed in a way that makes changing out a serpentine belt a D-I-Y job.

After Jimmy drops me at work today, he's gonna deposit my paycheck at my bank and then take the van over to Christian Bros. mechanics for an estimate. We're hoping that with the right tools and know-how the job wont use lots of man-hours. But just in case, we're depositing my paycheck BEFORE he takes the van in. If it takes longer than we expect, I bet my bosses can bring me home from work tonight.
-----------------
I'm registered at Midland College, UNT, and NCTC for the Spring semester. I got into all the classes I need to graduate on time. My in-person class at UNT is only Tuesday and Thursday. And my night school at NCTC is only Thursday night. The rest is online.
UNT has me applying for 'concurrent enrollment'. If this works out, I'll get to keep more of my govt. grant, because I am a full-time student between the 3 schools. If it doesn't work out, I'll still get enough of loans and grants to cover my UNT tuition. I've already paid for Midland College and NCTC out of pocket.

I have some new snapshots of the kids that I'll try to upload tonight.

No comments: