Saturday, January 19, 2008

School so far

We got the van back on Wednesday. A pulley near the serpentine belt had completely ceased. It's all better now. Jimmy also put in a new air filter himself, because the mechanics suggested it.

My boss, Regina, told me today that if I want to start showing up at 9am, instead of by 9:30am, I can. There are lots of accessories that need to be sorted and labeled. It's hard to get to that task during normal business hours, since I have to help customers. So now I have the option to show up at work as early as 9am whenever I can. If I do that for a week strait, it'd be an extra 2.5 hours! Adds up pretty quickly!

I hadn't filled yall in about my classes, so here goes.
My elementary statistics class actually seems very interesting. I like the professor. She makes the class very interactive. The campus over at NCTC seems very organized and well-equiped. (When I went to registration, I was in&out in about an hour! ) The bookstore is out of the textbooks I need. I'm trying to find it on ebay or amazon for a reasonable price. I haven't had much luck so far. It's called Elementary Statistics: a Step by Step approach (Bluman). My professor is picky about the book. We're supposed to get the edition with the isbn 9780073347141. There aren't a lot of them on ebay. I keep getting outbid. And it's overpriced on amazon. So the search continues. The other book for the class is a manual for Excell (isbn 9780073103778). I'm hoping to find both used near UNT.

I bought the required textbook for my last theatre class, Senior Colloquium. This class is very interactive. The class is tackling the topic of what to do after we graduate. We're learning what all the options are with a degree in the entertainment business. Dr.Wilson is gonna have a tax accountant come and speak to the class about how actors can write off their head shots and haircuts on their taxes. Stuff like that. There's gonna be lots of projects and reading. The textbook is an interesting read though. I have to choose a biography to read as part of the class. I think I'll read 'The Pursuit of Happiness' by Chris Gardner.

I'm a week ahead in my online Spanish 4 class. I hope to stay ahead. :)
We haven't done anything but introduce ourselves in my online Computer skills class.

p.s. Like two weeks ago I found an old walmart gift card in my office with just a few dollars still on it. I figured I could download a song from their music department to go on the mp3-playing camera Jimmy got me for Christmas. Walmarts selection of songs available for download is pitiful. I looked up a whole list of songs and they didn't have any of them available. I finally found one song. LIFE's 'Lightning crashes'...an oldie but goodie.

No comments: