Monday, March 17, 2008

Kite Day/Easter Egg Hunt, etc

While I was at work, Jim took the kids to an event at Rick & Regina's church on Saturday. Scheduled events included a puppet show of the Easter story, an Easter egg hunt, free hot dogs and kite flying.

Jim took his stunt kite and did a little display for the folks. his kite got wrapped around a tree, but Jim and the pastor got it loose undamaged. The church loaned all the kids kites to fly. Elaine flew a VeggieTale one and Allan flew a Spiderman one.


During the puppet show, Allan and Elaine were very focussed, when other kids were trying to grab at the puppets. The adults hid eggs while the puppet show was going on. Elaine and Allan hunted eggs in different areas (for different age groups). Jimmy stayed with Allan, and Elaine was watched by Regina.

Elaine quickly filled her Easter basket with eggs, so Regina emptied the eggs into a Kroger bag and sent Elaine back out to re-fill her empty basket
. The other kids kept grabbing the eggs before Elaine could get more. Lainey came back crying, "They wont let me get any!". Right then, Jimmy and Allan returned. Jimmy thought Elaine didn't get any eggs at all... then Regina showed Jimmy Elaine's huge stash of eggs/candy. Jimmy saw the stash and was like, "What are you crying about?!" :)

It sounds like they all had a good time.
----------------------------------------------------
At our church today, I took some pictures of the kids playing in the yard.
They were tossing bouncy balls (shaped like eggs) around.





In other news: I got a D on my recent Statistics exam. :( So far, I have about an 80 or 85% average for the class. I think my absence the day I went to the doctor's office, made it too hard to catch up on the missed lecture. I'll aim high on the next exam. :)

No comments: