Wednesday, March 05, 2008

This week

Saturday night my family was invited to this pot-luck mixer for the people in Regina's bible study. Everyone was supposed to bring guests, so we were Rick & Regina's guests. I thought it was a good idea for Jimmy to make friends that are outside of his internet community. Ya know, actual 3-D people who we have to leave the house to see. :) For the potluck Jimmy made blackened chicken, spinach salad, squash and zucchini. The couple hosting the party had Easter baskets for my kids. It was just a nice evening with lots of nice Christian people.

Jimmy said that the other guys are all more into cars than he is.
My family is visiting Regina's Church (Town North) this coming Sunday for a pancake breakfast/Bible Study. Then the 15th, Jim is taking the kids to Town North for a Easter Egg hunt/Kite Day.
The kids rushed into the costume store Monday night all bundled up and glowing with smiles. "IT'S SNOWING!!!" Allan kept repeating, "It's snow white", which is all sorts of cute. The picture of our back deck was taken at Noon on Tuesday. It was still iced over with snow.

We saw finches flying out of our birdhouse. It's never had birds live there before. I peaked in, and sure enough there is a nest.
Jimmy had new tires put on the van yesterday afternoon and bought new break pads that he's going to put on the van when it's not freezing outside (hopefully this weekend). He says we also need to replace this starter thingy. Whatever it was that we replaced on the last van. He says this van is acting the same way. It starts, but sometimes it thinks twice about it. For the last van the part cost around $60, but Autozone & O'Reilly's wanted $200 for this same part for the newer model van. Jim's gonna look around for a better value.

We weren't registered to vote in time for this election, but we will be for November.

I got some graded papers back in class yesterday. I got 10/10 on my last four homework assignments for Theatre Senior Seminar. Last night I earned a 85% on my Spanish quiz.

I finally finished all the Costume shop sewing for Easter yesterday morning. I've been sewing at work for the last two weeks and bringing projects home, because the bunny vests/aprons HAD to be done this week. That way people can rent them in advance for Easter.
When I finished the last of the Easter sewing, I took 20 minutes and made Elaine a little skirt too. Hope bought this fabric for Elaine to get an apron, but she has been asking for a Dora skirt. She wore the shirt to school.

No comments: