Saturday, October 25, 2008

I hate when I come in from work and can't doze right off.

It's the very early morning and my brain is still awake. The last three days I've been pulling long hours at work. Wednesday night and Thursday night I worked til 12:45pm and 1:15am, respectively. Tonight we worked til almost 2am. Rick and Regina drive me home all these nights. We've been preparing for this weekend at work. It should be insanely busy, all the time.

All the costumes that have been reserved in advance have been pulled from the racks, matched to their accessories and bagged up (like a dry cleaner does) in plastic. Then they were all alphabetized by the last name of the person renting each costume. So that's what all we've been doing late at night. Plus, Rick fixed the washer and dryer at the new store. So I've been cranking out loads of laundry.

Today at work, I dressed as "Mimi" from the Drew Carey show. Yvette was one of Hugh Hefner's girlfriends, Holly.

Jim had a check engine light come on while he was doing his paper route . I didn't hear how all the van was acting, because Jim and I haven't really been able to talk yet. Everyone is asleep, and I just got home. Jim gave me the short version of the van story on the phone when he called me at work. I heard that Hope & Scott took care of paying for the mechanic today and that the van is fixed. But I still don't know what all was wrong with the van.

I probably wont see Jim tomorrow. Yvette, a girl I work with, is driving me to work this morning. We have to go in early. So, I probably wont wake the whole house before I leave for work. I'll let them sleep in, if the kids will. Today I'll work all day, at least until close (9pm). I don't know if we will stay late on top of that.

No word yet from Health and Human Services about what they think about our foodstamp application. I'll let yall know how it goes.

No comments: