Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tour of The House

Here's our place:
I want to do a large floral wreath (sunflowers, bluebonnets, indian paintbrushes) to hang where the star is hanging now. I love how the roof overhangs from the house on all sides (unlike any trailer) because we can open windows when it's raining, and the rain doesn't come in.

Living room:
I love how easy it is to sweep up or wipe the floors up.You can see where Elaine's dresser is hanging out until we move her into the extra bedroom (we think Thanksgiving break).


I used the same valance from our sliding backdoor at the trailer, and split it to make a long valance for the dining area and the house's backdoor. I still need to curtain the living room window and the little window on our front door. I plan to re-stuff the sofa cushions again. I've done it before and it really perks them up. :)

This is the sign my hubby got for me. hehehe

Dining Area / Kitchen:
We've started using our wooden bench at the dining table for the kids to sit on, under the window. I'm considering sewing a cushion for it, but it'll have to be something easy to clean... like with a removable pillowcase.

 The door on the right goes to our utility room (washer, dryer, utility sink, pantry)

There is a built-in microwave. The stove is the type that's smooth on top, without like visible coils. That really makes wiping up messes easier.
Jimmy likes the window above the sink. At the trailer Jim hit his head on a cabinet whenever he leaned over the sink.

No comments: