Wednesday, November 10, 2010

up waaaay too late

My friends were here until 1am tonight, using my Cricut machine to cut out iron-on letters for T-shirts. They brought me a Dr.Pepper, so I drank it. This is me, pretty much wide awake at almost 2am! I'm gonna regret this (We pretty much all wake up at 6:30am.)

The other night Jim and I bought a new box spring for our bed. It's a Sealy Queen-sized and was on sale for $75 at Sears! We're sleeping a lot better now.

A few nights earlier, we bought a 6-drawer dresser for Elaine at half-price because it was the last one at Big Lots and I showed a sales associate where the paint would need to be re-touched (no big deal for me to do). I intent to switch out the drawer knobs with some girly ones before the dresser moves into Elaine's room.
The kids have been continuing to share a bunkbed in one of the bedrooms, since the move. Probably over Thanksgiving break we are gonna make the move and put Elaine in her own bedroom. We have a twin mattress for her to use, and now the dresser. It'll take time, but we'll get the rest of her room pulled together.
 It will be the first time she's had her own room since she was 2 (Allan's birth).

My landlord is coming tomorrow afternoon to replace the baseboards in the main bathroom. (The last tenants got them soaking wet, so they needed replacing). When he's done, I'll take pictures of more rooms of the house. I've been a settling-in tornado this week. Really getting everything feeling like home now.

Elaine was raking the yard for fun Sunday afternoon. She was being cute, so I took her picture.

No comments: