Wednesday, November 03, 2010

update ... more pictures to follow

I'm sitting here waking up, uploading pictures from the digital camera (so I can put them on here and facebook), drinking my coffee and browsing eBay for deals on shirts for Elaine. It's so hard to dress her in the mornings. She's gone up another size, since August. She's both taller and rounder. The weight wasn't added to her belly this time, but to her arms and chest.
I sent a Dorothy costume home from work for Elaine to wear for 'Happy Hallelujah'. Jim brought her to the costume store, where I work, crying because she put the blouse on backwards and couldn't get it off! It was too tight on her upper arms. Poor thing! (That was an awkward time to be a Daddy getting the kids dressed. Luckily she had her undershirt on.) I helped her, and swapped the Dorothy blouse out for a larger size (12-14). She still had to use the skirt from the (10-12) Dorothy, because she's not as tall as a 12 year old. It's an awkward age... Anyways, I found some shirts for 99cents on eBay and if no one else bids before the auction ends, I'll be pretty pleased. No sense in spending much on Elaine's clothes right now. Not with the way she is growing.




This is Elaine in the Dorothy outfit with Allan and Codi, at my job, on Oct.31st.



Our van was in the shop for a few days last week. Jim's boss paid for him to have a rental car for 2 days and paid for HALF of the repairs. That job is a real blessing! Jim told me what all was wrong, but I don't recall... long story short, the van is driving better now and it isn't putting off gas fume smells.

I worked lots of overtime in the last two weeks. So that pretty much covered our end of the van repairs and left me with some pocket money. I unpacked a few more boxes yesterday, before work. Found a whole box of jelly, jam and peanut butter. lol. It feels good to have a day off today. I still woke up at 6:30am (time Jimmy wakes for work) but I'm getting to putter around the house and make it feel more homey. Soon everything should be in it's place... once I decide where everything goes. :)

The other day, Jim and the kids went walking through the mall's new Toys R Us to see what their ideas are for their Santa lists. Allan wants everything in the store... even the girl things. ha! His recurring request is a "pillow pet". I keep suggesting they ask Santa for outdoor toys, since they are playing in the yard almost daily. I think it'd be cool, if Jimmy used PVC or something to make the kids a soccer goal, since they mainly play soccer. I also think I might talk Jim into setting up his camping tent for them to play in (the yard is pretty big). I think he's afraid the kids will rough the tent up. The lady who hosts our Bible study, Sue, is giving the kids a tall adjustable basketball goal and a small bike for Al pal. Sue's teenage son is supposed to drop off the basketball goal some time this week.

I talked to my mom yesterday. She isn't gonna make it for Thanksgiving. She's gonna be in the midst of moving that week, so the timing is just bad. We're set for her coming for around Christmas though. My brother is still in California, at the base... so he wont make it for either holiday. No fun.

No comments: